*Bring valid picture identification.
From 10am-2pm, Monday-Friday effective August 1, 2021.
- If a valid identification is not presented upon entering the bus, patrons must pay the regular fare of $1.00 US currency.
- Half-fare is available to Medicare Cardholders, Monday through Friday on the Fixed Route Bus Service from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The half-fare is fifty cents ($.50).
- As per Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations, Half-fare is available to Medicare Cardholders.
- As per Virgin Islands Code, seniors and persons with disabilities can ride Fixed Route Bus Service for free.
New GenFare Farebox System:
The Fast Fare Revolutionary Farebox
- The Fast Fare Revolutionary Farebox
- Fareboxes are an integral component of a transit system as they receive passenger fare payments. VITRAN utilizes the Fast Fare Revolutionary Fareboxes from SPX Genfare. Once the fares are collected, a revenue collection system consisting of probing lanes, receivers and vaults is required to keep collected money secure and untouched from the time the passenger deposits it in the farebox until authorized personnel handle it. The Fast Fare Revolutionary farebox provides revenue and ridership management and revenue reconciliation. The Fast Fare Revolutionary farebox also positions VITRAN for accepting alternative fare media besides cash, such as magnetic cards, smartcards and mobile ticketing.